Wednesday 1 August 2012

The little things

Well, this will probably be my last post. I'm heading home in 2 days. Most of everything is packed and ready to go. Such a sad sight to see.
I really REALLY enjoyed my time here. I love it. I would love to be able to stay here longer but my bank account feels otherwise. London is already an expensive city and add conversion rates on top of that. BUT, it was all worth it. I've had a really great time and met some awesome people.
I really hope that I get to come back someday.
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm homesick and ready to go back yet. Simply put, no. No I'm not.
Not so simply put, here is a list of things that I do and will miss.
I miss my family and friends. Not so much though that a chat or skype can't remedy those feelings.
I miss my cell phone. Going from a smart phone with unlimited 4G to a flip phone.. kills me a little.
I miss Target. No reason need to be provided here I don't think.
I miss.. Taco Bell. Sad. But true.
I miss the sun.. bright shining warm sun.
I miss the convenience of driving somewhere in my own nice pretty car.
I miss the convenience of Wal-Mart. Yes, they are awful and I hate them. But they are so so convenient.
I miss my dog.
And really.. that's it! That's all.
The thought of moving back to Pensacola is kind of suffocating if I'm being honest. Just thinking about it.. So here is the London things I will miss once I'm back.
First and foremost- the food. food food food. Not even being able to read the menu and only understanding a few ingredients. But that's when you know it's going to be awesome. Just so good.
I'll miss the tap water. Weird thing to miss right? The tap water is just good. You can just walk over to the faucet and fill up your cup. Sure you can do that in Pensacola, but its awful. Our tap water is so gross. I've replaced soda almost completely here and have been drinking water. I've maybe had a soft drink 4 times since I've been here.
I'll miss Salad Cream. Do we have that at home? I don't know. But I like it. Wikipedia describes it as  a creamy yellow condiment based on an emulsion of about 25-50 percent of oil in water, emulsified by egg yolk and acidified by spirit vinegar. It may include other ingredients such as sugar, mustard, salt, thickener, spices, flavouring and colouring. It is good on sandwiches and.. salad (imagine that right?)
I'll miss the word 'cue' in place for the word line. It can be used as a noun or a verb. If you are in line you are cuing. If there is a line there is a cue. Easier to say than 'waiting in line.' I think I'll keep this word when I get back.
I'll miss walking everywhere and the easiness of public transportation. 
I'll miss the people. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Also, I love their sense of humor and how they get sarcasm and how they don't take certain things so seriously.
I'll miss hearing the accent.. because I love it.
I'll miss the fashion. Most girls here dress cool and funky. Not slutty and gross.
I'll miss not being considered pale.
I'll miss.. everything mostly. The whole thing.
I'll miss London.

No comments:

Post a Comment