Saturday 30 June 2012

My poor wallet

Me, Angie, and Dagney went to Camden Market today.


It was realllly cool. Imagine New Orleans French Market.. x100. Every side street down this street is equivalent to 1 french market. So much stuff, and so many people.
It was really cool. So many cute clothes and neat things. There is certainly a different fashion statement around London. Sometimes I feel like I went through a time machine with these people. But it's neat.
Another reallllly common thing you will see is tights. Shorts or dresses and tights. Lots of times just black but there are soo soo many funky crazy tights that they wear. and scarves. lots of scarves. Which, with this weather, I get it. So I bought one today :)
I spent my whole paycheck today. Whoops. Oh well, money I wasn't planning on receiving in the first place, so why not, right? But, I only bought myself one thing. The rest was presents, that I am super excited to give! :D 
If I were rich, I'd buy sooo much stuff there. So many cool, cute, and/or nerdy things that were calling my name. (maybe next pay day eh? hah) My biggest problem is thinking about fitting all of this in my suitcase.. maybe not the fitting it. But the weight.. hmm. I might have to send a box home before I leave here.
On this street we also got lunch at a vietnamese place, and I had some DELICIOUS pho! mmm
Food is going to be so disappointing to me when I get home. Buying chinese food from chinese people that hardly speak english, pho from actually vietnamese people, indian food from Indians.. you just can't beat that. 

I'm going to a Jazz bar tonight. I think this pub will be much more my scene than the clubs Robyn likes to go to. I'm excited.
Tomorrow I think that I'm going to go to London's "American Independence Day" celebration in a park. I don't know though. I didn't come to London to meet Americans. But it may be fun, I think I'll check it out. I'll let you know!

Some more photos from Camden Market:


Eating with chopsticks lasted all of 10 minutes.. I'm not very good with them




No comments:

Post a Comment