Tuesday 19 June 2012

Tid Bits

-Every Sunday we go out and get dinner together. This week we went to get Indian food. We went to this on street that was basically all Indian restaurants and the waiters were outside and every time you passed one of them they are spouting off deals at you to try to fill their tables. Like free drinks or appetiser or a certain percentage off of your bill. We ended up going in this one that had all these newspaper articles on its' windows that were written about it. The food was pretty good and we got 20% off of our bill. Pretty sweet.

-I have seen a lot of families that have given their young kids these 3 wheeled scooters. I guess so they can keep up when quickly walking the busy streets. Also, when people have strollers for their babies they all have these clear plastic sheets that roll down and you basically zip it around the opening of the stroller for when it's raining. I would think that when I was a baby that would freak me out. I found a picture on google:



-I have found that whenever I come across fellow Americans, either in my housing or on a tour, they drive me crazy. I don't like them. Where are all the cool Americans out here to give us a better rep? My adviser Dagney actually told me that when she was looking at her list of interns that were to be coming she was mad there was an American. She has since said that she is "Glad that you are, who you are" "you aren't and 'American.'" Haha. I will take that as a compliment especially after seeing what I have. We had a huge group from America on our Stonehenge & Bath tour and they were all so rude and ridiculous. I'd like to meet someone cool in my housing but the people I've talked to are all too obnoxious.. Oh well. My group is all pretty cool.

-Oh, and I saw something very similar to this today:

Just thought I'd share. HAHAH


I'm going on another tour tomorrow. Should be pretty interesting. Update later

Cheers, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment