Sunday 29 July 2012

Let the Games begin!

Well, the Olympics have officially started here in London. Olympic rings on everything, and lots and lots and lots of people. People everywhere.
Friday for the opening ceremony, we went to this park area that was one of the biggest viewing areas for Denmark. Steven is from Sweden so he wanted to go. There were a ton of people.



All not speaking English, and unfortunately, neither was the broadcast. We ended up missing a lot of the show because there were so many people. But it was fun. Where we were we could just see, through some trees, the London Bridge. At one point during the show, the Olympic rings on the bridge lit up and they had fireworks as well.


The Bridge looked really pretty too:


Then yesterday, we went to BT London Live in Hyde Park. In 3 of London's biggest parks they have turned them into these huge festivals. There are food booths, live music and everything.
I saw this kid on tv the day before. Conor Maynard. He's like the British Beiber

Some little areas where kids can play sports, and several huge screens playing different Olympic games. There were lotssss of people there. Luckily it was a warm sunny beautiful day too. I actually got a slight sunburn! Crazy for here anyway. It was all pretty cool.





The people here are (mostly) really excited about the games, and are very proud to sport their "Team GB" gear. Just walking down the street you can see so many people sporting their team. People with face paint, and flag capes.
It's a pretty exciting time to be in London. You can feel the excitement in the air. Everyone is very chipper.
I'm so excited that I got tickets to see an event. On Tuesday, me and my roommate are going to see Men's Beach Volleyball at Horse Guard Park. I can't wait. I think that it will be a lot of fun to see.
And on Wednesday my sister and brother-in-law will be here! Can't wait to see them :)

I'm not ready to be coming home on Friday :(((

No comments:

Post a Comment