Thursday 14 June 2012

The daily grind

Tuesday - Friday I wake up at 7:00am, get ready for work, make breakfast, and head toward King's Cross Station around 8:35am.


My walk to King's Cross

I get to work at 9am. It's only one stop down on the tube and about a 3 minute walk from there. 
The street for my office.

They have a kitchen in the office. They pay with company money to have groceries delivered and they cook lunch everyday. So I get free lunch. Everyday. Such a big money saver! The food has been good so far too. Everyday with lunch they have a few (or more) glasses of wine. 

One of their wine coolers. (They also have several cabinets of wine elsewhere)

If anyone is staying past 6pm to work late. They promptly pull the wine back out.
I just found out today that they are going to pay me £15 a day. (That's about $23) I know that it isn't much but I never thought that I would get any money at all. All the other interns aren't getting paid and they go out for lunch everyday. So they end up spending around £20-£30 pounds a work week on lunches. I don't have to pay anything AND I get £60 a week ($92). Now that's pretty sweet. I'm excited about it. Pretty lucky.

After work I either pick up some food on my way home or (since I just today bought groceries) make dinner. I get home around 6:30 but I'm pretty hungry by that time.
The rooms are pretty small so I pretty much get home, grab my computer and head to the common room. 

I'm currently sitting in this room

I pretty much hang out in here. Most days though I'm doing something after work so as soon as I get home I'm turning right back around again. Sundays and Tuesdays our group goes out to dinner.
I was supposed to go on a "Grim Reaper tour" tonight. Which is a tour of "dark history areas" of London. Like known areas for Jack the Ripper. I didn't end up going because Alex, Steven, and Angie had an after work function so I want to wait for them to be able to go. Dangey and Robyn went ahead and went today.
Most weekends we have things planned. This weekend is Stonehenge and Bath and I think next weekend is Paris. :)

That about sums up my daily grind.

Cheers, xx



3 comments:

  1. I see there's a Starbucks right on your way to the tube in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're traveling and experiencing everything local. I keep looking at your pictures and get excited for my trip there in November. Enjoy every moment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Congratulations on your paycheck. Nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete