Saturday 7 July 2012

Drop that beat

Man oh man.. I went the the Wireless Music Festival yesterday. It's this big 3 day electronic/house music festival in Hyde Park. It was pretty wild. Me and my roommate Robyn ended up going with several people that are also staying in Nido with us. There were quite a few artists there but we ended up seeing Modestep, Feed Me, Knife Party, Afro Jack, and DeadMau5

(most) of our group

Another reason why I love the people here: Everyone was so nice, and pumped to be there. So many people, when they heard me and Robyn talking would stop and ask us where we were from and we would have a 5-10 minute conversation before being on our way again. Throughout different stages and acts we would meet more people that would dance (mosh mostly) with us the whole time. Some people going stage to stage with us. 

It was a lot of fun to dance and meet all the people. I had a blast. Although I will have to say, house music still just isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to be there and experience live. But I would say, unlike other music festivals, it is a lot more about the people you are with or meet, rather than the music being played. There isn't really much draw for me to watch a dude stand at a table. I love nothing more than live music. But with actual musicians, people with musical talent, putting their heart and soul into every note they play. Like seeing Mumford & Sons live. I mean, how can you beat that? I understand dj'ing is difficult, I sure couldn't do it. But watching a dude push some buttons just isn't that interesting to me. The visuals were often cool. But still not my cup of tea.
Regardless, it was still a lot of fun. The energy was awesome.
Here's some pics of the people we saw:

 Modestep

 Afrojack

Knife Party

Feed Me

Deadmau5


No comments:

Post a Comment